[Pacemaker] [ha-wg] [Linux-HA] [RFC] Organizing HA Summit 2015

Fabio M. Di Nitto fabbione at fabbione.net
Wed Nov 26 00:51:50 EST 2014

On 11/25/2014 10:54 AM, Lars Marowsky-Bree wrote:
> On 2014-11-24T16:16:05, "Fabio M. Di Nitto" <fdinitto at redhat.com> wrote:
>
>>> Yeah, well, devconf.cz is not such an interesting event for those who do
>>> not wear the fedora ;-)
>> That would be the perfect opportunity for you to convert users to Suse ;)

>>> That is, in my experience, the absolute worst. It creates second class
>>> participants and is a PITA for everyone.
>> I agree, it is still a way for people to join in tho.
>
> I personally disagree. In my experience, one either does a face-to-face
> meeting, or a virtual one that puts everyone on the same footing.
> Mixing both works really badly unless the team already knows each
> other.
>
>>> I know that an in-person meeting is useful, but we have a large team in
>>> Beijing, the US, Tasmania (OK, one crazy guy), various countries in
>>> Europe etc.
>> Yes same here. No difference.. we have one crazy guy in Australia..
>
> Yeah, but you're already bringing him for your personal conference.
> That's a bit different. ;-)
>
> OK, let's switch tracks a bit. What *topics* do we actually have? Can we
> fill two days? Where would we want to collect them?

I´d say either a google doc or any random etherpad/wiki instance will do
just fine.

As for the topics:
- corosync qdevice and plugins (network, disk, integration with sdb?,
  others?)
- corosync RRP / libknet integration/replacement
- fence autodetection/autoconfiguration

For the user facing topics (that is if there are enough participants and
I only got 1 user confirmation so far):

- demos, cluster 101, tutorials
- get feedback
- get feedback