[Pacemaker] Notes on pacemaker installation on OmniOS

Andrew Beekhof andrew at beekhof.net
Thu Nov 13 06:10:32 EST 2014

> On 13 Nov 2014, at 9:50 pm, Grüninger, Andreas (LGL Extern) <Andreas.Grueninger at lgl.bwl.de> wrote:
>
> I added heartbeat and corosync to have both available.
> Personally I use pacemaker/corosync.
>
> There is no need any more to run pacemaker as non-root with the newest version of pacemaker.

I'm curious... what was the old reason?

> The main problems with pacemaker are the changes in the last months especially in services_linux.c.
> As the name implies this must be a problem with non-linux systems.
> What is your preferred way to handle e.g. pure linux kernel functions?

Definitely to isolate them with an appropriate #define (preferably by feature availability rather than OS)

> I compiled a version of pacemaker yesterday but with a revision of pacemaker from august.
> There are pull requests waiting with patches for Solaris/Illumos.
> I guess it would be better to add this patches from august and my patches from yesterday to the current master.
> Following the patch from Vincenco I changed services_os_action_execute in services_linux.c and added for non-linux systems the synchronous wait with ppoll  which is available for Solaris/BSD/MacOS. Should be same functionality as this function uses file descriptors and signal handlers.
> Can pull requests be rejected or redrawn?

Is there anything left in them that needs to go in?
If so, can you indicate which parts are needed in those pull requests please?
The rest we can close - I didn't want to close them in case there was something I had missed.