[Pacemaker] DRBD with Pacemaker on CentOs 6.5

Sihan Goi goister at gmail.com
Tue Nov 11 19:49:24 EST 2014

Hi,

I'm fluent in English so I doubt it's a language barrier. I have reasonable
user experience in Linux, though not extensive experience in the various
system commands, and I have zero experience in HA. I'm in fact trying to
make things as simple as possible by simply following the "Clusters from
Scratch" guide step by step, and only modifying/omitting steps when they
don't work.

I know a block device (like /dev/sda) is simply a device (such as a hard
disk) that appears like a file in Linux, allowing users buffered access to
the device.
I know a file system is like FAT/NTFS/ext2/etc.
I know a mount point is a directory that you can mount an image file with a
file system onto it. Once mounted, it would be as if the entire file system
has the mount point as its root directory.

I set up DRBD almost exactly like the instructions from Chapter 7 of
"Clusters from Scratch". The only differences are in our setups. The guide
assumes Fedora 13, DRBD 8.3 while I'm using CentOS 6.5 and DRBD 8.4.

Since I was following the guide from start to finish, /var/www/html already
has index.html already in there. node01 has it's own index.html, and node02
has its own index.html, both with different content. The guide did not
instruct me to delete these files, and seems to configure the mount point
to be /var/www/html (Chapter 7.4) with an ext4 file system, hence mounting
the image onto a directory that already has files in it. Is this a problem?

- Goi Sihan
goister at gmail.com