[Pacemaker] How to avoid CRM sending stop when ha.cf gets 2nd node configured

Lars Ellenberg lars.ellenberg at linbit.com
Mon Nov 10 07:48:22 EST 2014

On Sat, Nov 08, 2014 at 12:58:36AM +0000, aridh bose wrote:
> Hi,
> While using heartbeat and pacemaker, is it possible to bringup first
> node which can go as Master, followed by second node which should go
> as Slave without causing any issues to the first node? Currently, I
> see a  couple of problems in achieving this:1. Assuming I am not using
> mcast communication, heartbeat is mandating me to configure second
> node info either in ha.cf or in /etc/hosts file with associated IP
> address. Why can't it come up by itself as Master to start with?
>
> 2. If I update ha.cf with the 2nd node info and use 'heartbeat -r' CRM
> first sends stop on the Master before sending start.
> Appreciate any help or pointers.

Regardless of what you do there, or why,
or on which communication stack:

how about you first put pacemaker into "maintenance-mode",
then you do your re-archetecturing of your cluster,
and once you are satisfied with the new cluster,
you take it out of maintenance mode again?

At least that is one of the intended use cases
for maintenance mode.

--
: Lars Ellenberg
: http://www.LINBIT.com | Your Way to High Availability