[Pacemaker] Hawk and runtime environment

Grüninger, Andreas (LGL Extern) Andreas.Grueninger at lgl.bwl.de
Sun Nov 16 15:27:25 EST 2014

I managed to get Hawk running on Solaris.
I use as prefix /opt and not /usr.

The last problem seems to be the runtime environment of the ruby application.

For testing purposes I started lighthhtpd in a shell in the foreground.
In this shell crm works without any problem.
If in hawk a function is used which uses crm the error message occurs when PYTHONPATH is not defined.
Crmsh is located in /opt/lib/python2.6/site-packages/.
When I define links into /usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages hawk can us crm.

A similar problem exists with hb_report.
I checked hb_report in a shell and it works with some minor problems.

Used in hawk I get error messages that egrep can’t be used.
Hb_report started over hawk uses /usr/bin/grep and that is the wrong version.
It should use /usr/gnu/bin which is defined in the PATH before /usr/bin.
The error may also stem from a process using the output of hb_report.

Hawk or ruby seems to ignore the environment of the starting process.

Does anyone have an idea how to solve the problem?

Andreas