[Pacemaker] resource-stickiness not working?

Scott Donoho sdonoho at cray.com
Thu Nov 13 13:52:29 EST 2014

Here is a simple Active/Passive configuration with a single Dummy resource (see end of message). The resource-stickiness default is set to 100. I was assuming that this would be enough to keep the Dummy resource on the active node as long as the active node stays healthy. However, stickiness is not working as I expected in the following scenario:

1) The node testnode1, which is running the Dummy resource, reboots or crashes
2) Dummy resource fails to node testnode2
3) testnode1 comes back up after reboot or crash
4) Dummy resource fails back to testnode1

I don't want the resource  to failback to the original node in step 4. That is why resource-stickiness is set to 100. The only way I can get the resource to not to fail back is to set resource-stickiness to INFINITY. Is this the correct behavior of resource-stickiness? What am I missing? This is not what I understand from the documentation from clusterlabs.org. BTW, after reading various postings on fail back issues, I played with setting on-fail to standby, but that doesn't seem to help either. Any help is appreciated!

   Scott

node testnode1
node testnode2
primitive dummy ocf:heartbeat:Dummy \
        op start timeout="180s" interval="0" \
        op stop timeout="180s" interval="0" \
        op monitor interval="60s" timeout="60s" migration-threshold="5"
xml <rsc_location id="cli-prefer-dummy" rsc="dummy" role="Started" node="testnode2" score="INFINITY"/>
property $id="cib-bootstrap-options" \
        dc-version="1.1.10-14.el6-368c726" \
        cluster-infrastructure="classic openais (with plugin)" \
        expected-quorum-votes="2" \
        stonith-enabled="false" \
        stonith-action="reboot" \
        no-quorum-policy="ignore" \