[Pacemaker] How to put delay in fence_intelmodular for one node only

Gianluca Cecchi gianluca.cecchi at gmail.com
Wed Jun 25 18:18:41 EDT 2014

On Sun, Jun 22, 2014 at 1:51 AM, Digimer <lists at alteeve.ca> wrote:

> Excellent.
>
>   Please note; With IPMI-only fencing, you may find that killing all power
> to the node will cause fencing to fail, as the IPMI's BMC will lose power
> as well (unless it has it's own battery, but most don't).
>
>   If you find this, then the solution I would recommend is to get a pair
> of switched PDUs (I like the APC brand AP7900, very fast and the
> fence_apc_snmp agent is very well tested). With this, you can then setup
> STONITH levels;
>
> http://clusterlabs.org/wiki/STONITH_Levels
>
>   With this, if the IPMI fails, Pacemaker will move on and try fencing by
> cutting power to the lost node, providing a backup method of fencing. If
> you use stacked switches, put the PDUs on one switch and the IPMI interface
> on the other switch, and you will provide reliable fencing in a
> failed-switch state, too.
>
>   Cheers!

Good points. At the moment this is a lab environment so it is not crucial,
but I'll take in mind for production use.

One point: after doing some tests and creating failures of nodes for test I
see this behaviour about the special fencing resource

normal behaviour
[root at srvmgmt02 ~]# crm_mon -1
[snip]
 fence_srvmgmt01    (stonith:fence_intelmodular):    Started
srvmgmt01.localdomain.local
 fence_srvmgmt02    (stonith:fence_intelmodular):    Started
srvmgmt02.localdomain.local

after fencing of srvmgmt01 (because of drbd problem deliberately produced
by me on it)
[root at srvmgmt02 ~]# crm_mon -1
[snip]
 fence_srvmgmt01    (stonith:fence_intelmodular):    Started
srvmgmt02.localdomain.local
 fence_srvmgmt02    (stonith:fence_intelmodular):    Started
srvmgmt02.localdomain.local

and the output above remains true while srvmgmt01 is rebooting but also
after it has completed startup and joins the cluster.
So I presume I have to set an location constraint rule so that it can only
run on its node, correct?

something llike
pcs constraint location fence_srvmgmt01 prefers
srvmgmt01.localdomain.local=INFINITY
pcs constraint location fence_srvmgmt02 prefers
srvmgmt02.localdomain.local=INFINITY

Gianluca