[Pacemaker] configuration variants for 2 node cluster

Christine Caulfield ccaulfie at redhat.com
Tue Jun 24 03:55:37 EDT 2014

On 23/06/14 15:49, Digimer wrote:
> Hi Kostya,
>
>    I'm having a little trouble understanding your question, sorry.
>
>    On boot, the node will not start anything, so after booting it, you
> log in, check that it can talk to the peer node (a simple ping is
> generally enough), then start the cluster. It will join the peer's
> existing cluster (even if it's a cluster on just itself).
>
>    If you booted both nodes, say after a power outage, you will check
> the connection (again, a simple ping is fine) and then start the cluster
> on both nodes at the same time.

wait_for_all helps with most of these situations. If a node goes down
then it won't start services until it's seen the non-failed node
because wait_for_all prevents a newly rebooted node from doing anything
on its own. This also takes care of the case where both nodes are
rebooted together of course, because that's the same as a new start.

Chrissie