[Pacemaker] SOLVED: node is unable to join cluster after upgrade (crmd dies)

Lars Marowsky-Bree lmb at suse.com
Thu Jun 19 03:50:52 EDT 2014

On 2014-06-18T21:49:51, "Krause, Markus" <krause at biochem.mpg.de> wrote:

> as I noticed that some permissions on the first node (sql01a) looked „weird“ I decided to reinstall the whole system on this node and after copying all the configuration from the second host everything is working as expected without further changes. It seems that the update process messed up some permissions (and more?).

Hm, the update process clearly isn't supposed to do that, and it doesn't
in our testing.

Did you make some notes as to which permissions looked "weird" and how?
Then we could investigate in more details.

Could this possibly have been introduced by site-local scripts?

> BTW: Is there a „clean" way to remove all cluster relevant settings (deleting dirs, configurations) apart from reinstalling all if something is wrong on only one host?

Well, all cluster-relevant settings are in the CIB, so
/var/lib/pacemaker/cib/* should be enough. Perhaps, if you want to clean
out corosync too, /etc/corosync/corosync.conf.

Regards,
    Lars

--
Architect Storage/HA