[Pacemaker] Upstart support in cluster-glue 1.0.11 and pacemaker 1.1.11

Andrew Beekhof andrew at beekhof.net
Thu Jun 5 19:36:51 EDT 2014

On 6 Jun 2014, at 12:47 am, Andrew Martin <amartin at xes-inc.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm working on backporting the latest cluster-glue (1.0.11), pacemaker (1.1.11), corosync, and related packages to Ubuntu 12.04:
> https://launchpad.net/~xespackages/+archive/clustertesting
>
> I've installed these packages and started testing, however I seem to be unable to add an upstart resource agent:
> crm(live)configure# primitive p_daemon_smbd upstart:smbd
> ERROR: 9: upstart:smbd: could not parse meta-data:
> ERROR: 9: upstart:smbd: no such resource agent
>
> The upstart resource agent appears to exist:
> -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 18264 Apr 18 10:31 /usr/lib/heartbeat/plugins/RAExec/upstart.so

There is a new lrmd (since 1.1.9 or so) that no longer uses plugins.
Upstart/systemd support gets baked in at compile time based on 'dbus-1' being available.

PKG_CHECK_MODULES(DBUS, dbus-1, ,HAVE_dbus=0)

if test $HAVE_dbus = 1 -a "x${enable_upstart}" != xno; then
   HAVE_upstart=1
   PCMK_FEATURES="$PCMK_FEATURES upstart"
fi