[Pacemaker] How to failover when system is overloaded?

Michael Monette mmonette at 2keys.ca
Wed Jun 4 15:58:17 EDT 2014

Hi,

Lately we have been having issues with our primary server becoming overloaded and basically unresponsive. I assumed that having a floating ip was enough, but it's not and the floating_ip resource does not fail to the second system.

Could someone tell me how they deal with this problem? Is there some resource agent where node-2 checks on node-1 and if there is no reply by X amount of time, takes the floating IP?

Pings seem to work fine, SSH is dead and the web service is dead also. So maybe thats why the IP isn't failing to node-2.

Thanks for any help.

Mike