[Pacemaker] Favor one node during stonith?

Andrey Borzenkov arvidjaar at gmail.com
Wed Aug 13 08:37:28 EDT 2014

Hi,

Sorry for may be basic question, but it is my first Linux HA project.

I (will) have two node cluster in active/passive configuration -
single application on one node and second as standby; application si
implemented as master/slave clone. Is it possible to prioritize node,
that have active application? So that in case of split brain passive
node gets killed?

Usually this is done using staggered delay for fencing requests. I
think that it may be possible to implement in pacemaker using rules,
but I'm a bit uneasy about how to express it. Rule should select a
node where master is currently active, not fixed node.

Thank you in advance!

-andrei