[Pacemaker] cluster-delay property

Arnold Krille arnold at arnoldarts.de
Fri Oct 25 09:13:47 EDT 2013

Hi,

Am Fri, 25 Oct 2013 10:34:50 +0200 schrieb Michael Schwartzkopff
<ms at sys4.de>:
> In DRBD you can add a option to limit the sync rate. So there will be
> enough bandwith left for corosync.

As far as I remember, the syncer-rate only limits the sync-traffic,
that is when one side was down/disconnected and is up again and getting
the changes transfered in bulk. You would limit that so that normal
disk-access (which is always as fast as possible) has a chance to
continue while syncing. And because you normally sync on
cluster-/node-startup when its more critical corosync can communicate.

> If you do not want to add new cable, you can use VLANs. On the
> switches add QoS policies to make sure that the corosync VLAN gets a
> guaranteed bandwidth.

Probably the same QoS has to be applied on the cluster-nodes as you
also want this applied when sending packets.

Have fun,

Arnold