[Pacemaker] Corosync hanging during stop

D.Gossrau dgossrau at andtek.com
Thu Oct 17 05:05:40 EDT 2013

Hi Lars,

On 10/12/2013 02:14 AM, Lars Ellenberg wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 10, 2013 at 04:06:46PM +0200, Detlef Gossrau wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I created a cluster installation with two nodes. Everything is
>> running smoothly most of the time. But in case a resource was
>> switched into unmanaged state and I reboot the node on which the
>> resource is running, corosync is hanging during stop. Only after
>> 'shutdown-escalation' time corosync is stopping.
>
> *corosync* is hanging?
> or rather *pacemaker*, maybe?

I assume corosync is hanging. On the console I see
'Waiting for corosync services to unload: ...'

The problem seems to be a resource that takes to long for stopping. In
that case the resource is set to unmanage and is blocking corosync.

Is there a general possibility to get informed if a resource is changing
the state to unmanage ? Other state changes I observe via ClusterMon.
But the state change to unmanage is not reported.

Kind regards,
Detlef