[Pacemaker] Service restoration in clone resource group

Sean Lutner sean at rentul.net
Tue Oct 8 09:29:14 EDT 2013

On Oct 8, 2013, at 6:35 AM, Lars Marowsky-Bree <lmb at suse.com> wrote:

> On 2013-10-07T11:33:28, Sean Lutner <sean at rentul.net> wrote:
>
>> Clone: EIP-AND-VARNISH-clone
>>  Group: EIP-AND-VARNISH
>>   Resource: Varnish (provider=redhat type=varnish.sh class=ocf)
>>    Operations: monitor interval=30s
>>   Resource: Varnishlog (provider=redhat type=varnishlog.sh class=ocf)
>>    Operations: monitor interval=30s
>>   Resource: Varnishncsa (provider=redhat type=varnishncsa.sh class=ocf)
>>    Operations: monitor interval=30s
>
> I'm not an expert in reading pcs syntax, but does this imply that
> the meta attribute "interleave=true" is set or not?
>
> I think you want it set.
>
> (FWIW, you really shouldn't be placing agents in directories/providers
> that you don't own; such as "redhat". That namespace belongs to, well,
> RHT, and a package update theoretically could overwrite your own
> agents.)

The clone was created using the interleave=true option, yes.

Point taken on the location of the resource agents. This is still in testing so it can be changed.

With interleaving on, that affects the startup of the resources on both nodes making it faster as it makes the order constraint local.

Does this have an affect on what I'm trying to accomplish?

>> stonith-enabled: false
>> no-quorum-policy: ignore
>
> Are you sure that you don't worry about split-brain scenarios?

The plan is to configure STONITH but for right now during testing it's not required. Also, the varnish resources are stateless so while split-brain is bad, there isn't a concern about data.

Would this have an impact on what I'm trying to accomplish with bringing the resources back online on what would be the passive node?

Thanks
Sean