[Pacemaker] DRBD Master/Slave in a 3 node cluster

Stefan Botter listreader at jsj.dyndns.org
Wed Oct 2 05:12:50 EDT 2013

Hi James,

On Tue, 1 Oct 2013 10:00:06 -0700 (PDT)
James Oakley <jfunk at funktronics.ca> wrote:
> > I don't know, but my configuration is - as said - almost similar,
> > but a
> > _lot_ shorter, due to usage of groups and thus far less contraints
> > and
> > location definitions. My nodes are virtual machines in VMware, thus
> > the
> > vcenter stonith resources. The nodes, hermes1 and hermes 2 have the
> > drbd resources, hermes1 being the preferred node, and hermes3 is
> > there for quorum (and logs):
>
> It seems that drbd slaves are working OK for you. My problem is that
> Pacemaker will only run the master part. It will happily attempt to
> run the master on either of the DRBD nodes (and the non-DRBD node...)
> but it flat out refuses to run the slave. It doesn't even try, and it
> will actually shut down the secondary DRBD configuration if I bring
> it up manually. I can't find a single log message to indicate why,
> and I can't find a command or configuration option to say "run this
> slave on this node."

OK, but my primary intention was to give you a working example
configuration quite similar to yours, which you can compare. I suspect,
that your constraints do not allow the slaves being activated.

I suggest you try to start with a smaller configuration without
locations and constraints, perhaps groups, and start adding constraints.
Start with the drbd resources, add order and colocations.

Greetings,

Stefan
--
Stefan Botter zu Hause