[Pacemaker] DRBD Master/Slave in a 3 node cluster

James Oakley jfunk at funktronics.ca
Mon Sep 30 18:30:18 EDT 2013

On Monday, September 30, 2013 2:25:00 PM, emmanuel segura wrote:
> Sorry maybe this is not the problem, but for avoid the split-brain
> you need to configure fencing(stonith).

The last time I set up STONITH, I ended up with an instant
deathmatch on an otherwise stable cluster, and not a single message
in the logs to indicate why.

This is actually the reason I want this in a 3 node configuration. I
am trying to avoid that situation by requiring 2 nodes for quorum.
Once I can get the cluster working properly, I will certainly add
STONITH, but to set it up at this stage will simply guarantee that
everyone will constantly shoot each other, particularly due to a
problem with the LXC resource where it "fails" on nodes it's not
supposed to run on in the first place.

--
James Oakley
jfunk at funktronics.ca