[Pacemaker] Monitoring on master node not running after standby is connected

Juraj Fabo juraj.fabo at gmail.com
Tue Oct 15 09:21:06 EDT 2013

Juraj Fabo <juraj.fabo at ...> writes:

> Hello Andrew
>

> thank you for the response.
>
> I've patched crmd, cleaned the cluster, done the scenario steps and
created crm_report which is attached.

> After loading the cluster configuration both nodes were running the IFDS-
Stateful resource monitoring properly, however after restarting pacemaker on
the slave node monitoring on the master node was cancelled

> ifds1 was slave, monitoring of IFDS-Stateful running 11seconds interval
> ifds2 was master,  monitoring of IFDS-Stateful running 10 seconds
intervallog messages in ifds_ha.log

> with best regards
>

> Juraj

Hello

I've downgraded pacemaker in my cluster to version 1.1.8 just to see whether
the monitoring of master slave resource will be running on both nodes in
parallel.
It is actually running, after entering HotStandby node the monitoring on
hotstandby is monitoring postgresql resource in defined interval and on
master in interval defined for role master.
This time I used my target config with postgresql and other resource, I do
not have logs for test cluster with dummy "Stateful" resource.

Now I'm confused due to fact, that using 1.1.8 pacemaker (in which this bug
was fixed) is ok, while 1.1.10 not - at least in my config and according to
my understanding. I did not see other reports with similar symptoms, but
OTOH with 1.1.8 monitoring is running on both nodes.

Should I provide some more logs/symptoms from 1.1.10 case to be able to
proceed?

Thank you in advance

Juraj