[Pacemaker] Disabling failover for a resource

Angel L. Mateo amateo at um.es
Fri May 31 01:50:57 EDT 2013

El 27/05/13 09:28, Michael Schwartzkopff escribió:
> Am Montag, 27. Mai 2013, 09:19:41 schrieb Angel L. Mateo:
>
>  > Hello,
>
>  >

>  > I have configured a active/passive cluster for my dovecot server. Now I
>
>  > want to add to it a resource for running the backup service. I want this
>
>  > resource to be run on the same node that the dovecot resource, but I
>
>  > don't want it to produce any failover. I mean, if dovecot resource is
>
>  > move to another node, then it should be moved too; but it the backup
>
>  > resource fails, then nothing has to be done with other resources.
>
>  >

>  > Is it enough for this just disabling monitoring in the resource?
>
> No. Do it proper.
>
> 1) Make a colocation for the backup resource to dovecot:
>
> col col_backup_dovecot inf: res_Backup res_Dovecot
>
> 2) Prevent the backup resource running on node2:
>
> loc loc_Backup resBackup -inf: node2

	I tried this. This way I can't even move res_dovecot to node2, I guess
because res_backup can't run on node2.

	What I want is not forbid res_backup to run on node2, but just avoid it
to produce a failover. But it the failover is because of res_dovecot,
then res_backup should run on node2.

--
Angel L. Mateo Martínez
Sección de Telemática