[Pacemaker] newbie question(s)

Digimer lists at alteeve.ca
Fri May 24 11:11:42 EDT 2013

On 05/24/2013 10:52 AM, Nick Khamis wrote:
> Digmer,
>
> It's been a while since i've visited your well written how-to blogs
> however, can you direct me to your latest and greatest active/active
> tutorials. I know you like cman, but I can just skip those parts for
> and OpenAIS + Pacemaker setup.
>
> If you have an OpenAIS + Pacemaker tutorial, that would be even better!
>
> Kind Regards,
>
> Nick from Toronto.

I'm still using Red Hat's suite, but I am now in the process of learning
pacemaker in anticipation of RHEL 7. Unfortunately, I have no tutorial
for pacemaker (yet, I am working on one).

The tutorial I can best recommend is this;

https://alteeve.ca/w/2-Node_Red_Hat_KVM_Cluster_Tutorial

As a side note;

OpenAIS was deprecated in favour of corosync, which is really just the
cluster-stuff from OpenAIS stripped out (openais is now a plug-in to
corosync for people who want/need the full AIS API).

If you are on RHEL 6 (or CentOS, etc), then you will want corosync +
pacemaker + cman plugin, as I've been told. If you are using corosync
v2+, then you don't need cman because corosync itself is a quorum
provider in v2+ (corosync 1.4 is used in RHEL 6, so cman is needed as
the quorum provider).

Hope this helps. :)

digimer

ps - #linux-cluster and #linux-ha are active on freenode. feel free to
stop by and say hi.

--
Digimer
access to education?