[Pacemaker] clvmd start times out

emmanuel segura emi2fast at gmail.com
Wed May 15 08:48:14 EDT 2013

Hello Michael

I always used clvm on redhat cluster suite and suse hae with locking type
3, i seen this from man lvm.conf

If set to 2, the tools will load the external lock‐
              ing_library (see below).  If the tools were configured
--with-cluster=internal (the default) then 3 means to use built-in
cluster-wide  locking.   Type  4
              enforces  read-only  metadata  and forbids any operations
that might want to modify Volume Group metadata.  All changes to logical
volumes and their states
              are communicated using locks.