[Pacemaker] Pacemaker still may include memory leaks

Vladislav Bogdanov bubble at hoster-ok.com
Tue May 14 23:57:50 EDT 2013

Hi,

15.05.2013 05:22, Yuichi SEINO wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I ran the test for about two days.
>
> Environment
>
> OS:RHEL 6.3
> pacemaker-1.1.9-devel (commit 138556cb0b375a490a96f35e7fbeccc576a22011)
> corosync-2.3.0
> cluster-glue latest+patch(detail:http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/linuxha/dev/85787)
> libqb- 0.14.4
>
> There may be a memory leak in crmd and lrmd. I regularly got rss of ps.
>
> start-up
> crmd:5332
> lrmd:3625
>
> interval(about 30h later)
> crmd:7716
> lrmd:3744
>
> ending(about 60h later)
> crmd:8336
> lrmd:3780

Does SHR grow as well? I know that crmd allocated big enough QB buffer
in shared memory (5 Mb or so), and consumes it until it becomes full,
and all that time both RSS ans SHR grow synchronously. In my tests
(several months ago, with 1.1.8) it took several days to reach that
point on a static cluster.

You may also look to differences in /proc/<pid>/smaps (just with diff)
to see what exactly grows.

Best,
Vladislav