[Pacemaker] crm subshell 1.2.4 incompatible to pacemaker 1.1.9?

Lars Ellenberg lars.ellenberg at linbit.com
Tue May 14 15:59:50 EDT 2013

On Mon, May 13, 2013 at 01:53:11PM +0200, Michael Schwartzkopff wrote:
> Hi,
>
> crm tells me it is version 1.2.4
> pacemaker tell me it is verison 1.1.9
>
> So it should work since incompatibilities are resolved in crm higher that
> version 1.2.1. Anywas crm tells me nonsense:
>
> # crm
> crm(live)# node
> crm(live)node# standby node1
> ERROR: bad lifetime: node1

Your node is not named node1.
check: crm node list

Maybe a typo, maybe some case-is-significant nonsense,
maybe you just forgot to use the fqdn.
maybe the check for "is this a known node name" is (now) broken?

standby with just one argument checks if that argument
happens to be a known node name,
and assumes that if it is not,
it "has to be" a lifetime,
and the current node is used as node name...

Maybe we should invert that logic, and instead compare the single
argument against allowed lifetime values (reboot, forever), and assume
it is supposed to be a node name otherwise?

Then the error would become
ERROR: unknown node name: node1

Which is probably more useful most of the time.

Dejan?

--
: Lars Ellenberg