[Pacemaker] 1.1.8 not compatible with 1.1.7?

Andrew Beekhof andrew at beekhof.net
Wed May 8 02:08:10 EDT 2013

On 03/05/2013, at 8:46 PM, Rainer Brestan <rainer.brestan at gmx.net> wrote:

> Now i have all the logs for some combinations.
>
> Corosync: 1.4.1-7 for all the tests on all nodes
> Base is always fresh installation of each node with all packages equal except pacemaker version.
> int2node1 node id: 1743917066
> int2node2 node id: 1777471498
>
> In each ZIP file log from both nodes and the status output of crm_mon and cibadmin -Q is  included.
>
> 1.) 1.1.8-4 attaches to running 1.1.7-6 cluster
> https://www.dropbox.com/s/06oyrle4ny47uv9/attach_1.1.8-4_to_1.1.7-6.zip
> Result: join outstanding
>
> 2.) 1.1.9-2 attaches to running 1.1.7-6 cluster
> https://www.dropbox.com/s/fv5kcm2yb5jz56z/attach_1.1.9-2_to_1.1.7-6.zip
> Result: join outstanding

Neither side is seeing anything from the other, which is very unexpected.
I notice you're using the plugin... which acts as a message router.

So I suspect something in there has changed (though I'm at a loss to say what) and that cman based clusters are unaffected.
Since you've already gone to a lot of effort, I've spent the afternoon putting 1.1.7 onto one of my nodes to do some testing with.

I'll let you know what I discover.