[Pacemaker] Corosync 2.3 dies randomly

Robert Parsons rparsons at tappublishing.com
Sun May 5 13:27:47 EDT 2013

I'm trying to build out a web farm cluster using Corosync/Pacemaker. I
started with the stock versions in Ubuntu 12.04 but did not have a lot
of success. I removed the corosync (1.x) and pacemaker packages and
built Corosync 2.3 and Pacemaker 1.1.9 from source. It generally seems
to run better but I am having big issues with Corosync. I have 14
completely identical nodes. They differ only in ip address and host
name. Periodically, corosync will fail to start up on boot. It's not
consistent and happens randomly. What's even worse, once the cluster is
up Corosync will occasionally die for no apparent reason. There are not
errors logged. Nothing. The process simply disappears, taking the node
offline.

My cluster has zero stability thanks to this Corosync issue. Anyone got
any ideas?

Thanks.

- Rob P.