[Pacemaker] Corosync 2 + pacemaker on SL6.3

Andreas Mock andreas.mock at web.de
Tue Jan 8 09:37:21 EST 2013

Hi all,

after a long time I'm back in charge of a cluster.
So, as always, I looked at the well known resources
to see what happend after the last time: And, it is much.

Please correct me if you see that my assumptions are bad.

As far as I can see it is adviced to use cman + corosync 1
+ pacemaker on RHEL clones like Scientific Linux is.
It seems that there are packackes of packemaker 1.1.8 that should
fit in a regular RHEL distribution. SL6.3 has pacemaker 1.1.7
in its repositories. (Is it worth to have 1.1.8?)

My question: If I'm not interested in GFS, OCFS, DLM and
therefore not in the "distribution's specialaties" is it
feasible/useful to use corosync 2 + pacemaker together (manually
compiled) to get a "state-of-the-art" cluster up?
I came across this at
http://theclusterguy.clusterlabs.org/post/34604901720/pacemaker-and-cluster-
filesystems

Or would you recommend staying with the distribution's layout?
This would have the benefit of precompiled packages, howtos are
available, etc.

Comments and hints welcome.

Best regards
Andreas Mock

P.S.: Nice to see that some people seem to be
constants in the HA and pacemaker universe. ;-)