[Pacemaker] Problems with corosync while forking processes during node startup.

Andrew Beekhof andrew at beekhof.net
Sun Feb 24 19:42:40 EST 2013

On Sat, Feb 23, 2013 at 10:17 PM, Lars Marowsky-Bree <lmb at suse.com> wrote:
> On 2013-02-21T08:18:00, Andrew Beekhof <andrew at beekhof.net> wrote:
>
>> > That's not supported on SLE HA. (Because it breaks rolling upgrades from
>> > previous versions; we'll move to this post-SLE 11.)
>> >
>> > This looks like a problem to raise a support request for.
>> Good luck with that, there's a reason "ver: 1" was created :)
>
> We can always start declaring it supported as an option, and then
> customers can make their own choice regarding whether they want this
> (and need to schedule a whole-cluster-down maintenance window for the
> migration) or preserve rolling upgrade functionality.
>
> Or we fix the corosync problem with forking from a multi-threaded
> program.  ;-)

That was essentially my point, Steve and I have already tried - for
quite a long time too.
I know some people think I just like changing things for the fun of
it, but this is actually not true.

> We've never really had customer report problems with this
> either, but I'm not sure why that is, honestly. I know the problem
> theoretically exists, but it has never hit us.

I also never hit this on openSUSE based distros either, or if I did it
was extremely rare.
But on Fedora it was so regular as to make the cluster unusable.

I don't know what makes one of them so special.  Maybe its just some
compile flags.