[Pacemaker] [Booth] Howto grant ticket to other site, if resource fails

yusuke iida yusk.iida at gmail.com
Wed Feb 20 03:37:07 EST 2013

Hi, Michael

2013/2/15 Michael Wagner <michael.wagner at gmx.at>:
> Hi,
>
> I am currently working on a geo-redundant setup with two sites and one arbitrator, using booth as ticket manager.
>
> In case of network-outages, or a whole site is down, booth correctly grants the ticket to the other site (where pacemaker then starts all dependent resources).
>
> What I´m now trying to achieve is, that also in case a resource fails (and can´t be restarted) on one site, the ticket should be revoked from this site, and granted to the other. (I.e. also a fail-over in case of issues with single resources, and not only in case of whole sites or networks between them).
>
> I found an old thread regarding that topic, that suggests implementing the behavior in an own daemon:
> http://oss.clusterlabs.org/pipermail/pacemaker/2012-March/013393.html
> Does such a daemon exist, or is someone working on it? (in that case I´d rather contribute, than re-inventing the wheel).
> Or is there any other way to achieve such a behavior with "built in"-functions in pacemaker and booth?

After this discussion, I have created a daemon in order to achieve my goal.

Easy explanation of created daemon is as follows:
- Daemon monitors the resources that depend on the ticket.
- When it becomes impossible for the resource depending on a ticket to
start in a site, a ticket is moved to other sites.
- Pacemaker and Booth are required in order to use daemon.
- For the moment, it operates only in combination with Pacemaker-1.1
in about April, 2012.

If the old thing is enough, I think that I can show a source by the
end of March.
In that case, I'm hoping to be incorporated into the repository Booth.

In the future, we are planning to modified to work in combination with
the latest Pacemaker.

Regards,
Yusuke

> Best Regards,