[Pacemaker] PostgreSQL replicarion RA: PGSQL.lock

Takatoshi MATSUO matsuo.tak at gmail.com
Mon Feb 11 19:35:52 EST 2013

Hi

2013/2/9 Andrew <nitr0 at seti.kr.ua>:
> Hi all.
> For what reason is implemented PGSQL.lock in RA, and what pbs may happen if
> it'll be removed from RA code?

It may cause data inconsistency.
If the file exists in a node, you need to copy data from new master.

> Also, 2nd question: how I can prevent pgsql RA from promoting master before
> both nodes will brings up OR before timeout is reached (for ex., if 2nd node
> is dead)?

You can use xlog_check_count parameter set up with a large number.
RA retries comparing data with specified number of times in Slave.

Or you can use "target-role" such as below too.
----
ms msPostgresql pgsql \
    meta master-max="1" master-node-max="1" clone-max="2"
clone-node-max="1" notify="true" target-role="Slave"
---