[Pacemaker] Pacemaker resource migration behaviour

James Guthrie jag at open.ch
Thu Feb 7 05:11:19 EST 2013

Hi David,

I think you might be looking at the wrong part of the logs. I assume the line you meant was the following:

<1c>Feb  6 09:52:54 mu attrd[6256]:  warning: attrd_cib_callback: Update fail-count-sub-squid=(null) failed: No such device or address

Despite this failure, the recovery worked correctly and the resources were started then (as can be seen when examining the pe-input files 50-54).

What I had meant was the entire portion of the logs between 09:37:52 and 09:37:53 (pe-input files 46-49). There the state when the CRM returns to idle isn't that which ought to have been achieved given the transitions 106-109. I don't yet understand well enough how the CRM will decide whether to perform an action or not, additionally I can't seem to get any debug logs from pacemaker which might help with understanding why the CRM/LRM decides to do what it does.

Regards,
James