[Pacemaker] First Cluster

Omar Quijano omar at nearinc.com
Mon Feb 25 15:27:09 EST 2013

Greetings,

I am setting up a fail-over cluster for the first time. In the process
of following the documentation: Cluster from Scratch, I am having
difficulties understanding the DRBD configuration and procedure. The
purpose of the cluster is to provide: mail, dns, nis, syslong, and web
(wiki and calendar) services. I have created a 250GB partition for DRBD.
My plan is to store all the data of the services in this partition:
/dev/drbd1/postifx, /dev/drbd1/nis, /dev/drbd1/wiki, etc., just to name
a few. Or, is the correct procedure to create a different resource,
disk, and device for each service: /dev/drbd1/postfix, /dev/drbd2/nis,
/dev/drbd3/wiki, etc. If this is correct, I will have distinct resource
name, disk size, and device name? Meaning, I will have to create several
logical volumes? Also, I was wondering if you could give me an advice
whether to make my cluster active/active or leave it active/passive.

Thank you for your time and support,

--
Omar E. Quijano
Research Engineer