[Pacemaker] Putting a node to standby stops resources on the other node

Thomas Lorenzen ki11er_bob at yahoo.dk
Wed Feb 20 12:54:49 EST 2013

Hi'

My setup is a simple two cluster solution intended for a "master" "backup" framework, where I would like to assign floating ip addresses on two network interfaces for both the master and the backup.

The most cricial part of the config is as follows.

group backup backup_ip_intern backup_ip_extern

group master master_ip_intern master_ip_extern
colocation backupgroup_cannot_live_together_with_mastergroup -inf: master backup
order backupgroup_start_after_mastergroup inf: master backup

So, two groups are defined, each containing two primitives, which essentially just assigns floating ip addresses to two different network interfaces. The colocation rule is intended to make sure, that the groups does not end up on the same node. The order rule is intended to make sure, that the master group and not the backup group gets started, if only a single node is available.

The configuration works all fine with both nodes active. Now, when I put a single node to standby, what happens is, that the resources on both nodes are stopped, which is obviously not the intention. The expectation is of course, that (1) the master group will run, when only a single node is available, and (2) both master group and backup group will run on separate nodes, when both nodes are available.

Most probably the solution is trivial, but I simply can not get my mind right on this. Any help will surely be appreciated.

Best regards.

Thomas.