[Pacemaker] Stopping only / last stonith resource ... cluster will continue to function ?

David Morton davidmorton78 at gmail.com
Sun Feb 3 23:50:59 EST 2013

Afternoon,

We're replacing a production cluster (2 node) with a new
completely separate 2 node cluster later this week. I've removed one node
already to make way (physically) for the new machines, so everything is
working just fine as it is with a one node cluster only. The issue is that
the monitor operation for stonith resource keeps failing for the removed
node (IPMI stonith based on IBM IMM) as its no longer present, its not a
prerequisite resource so no resources have been affected.

Is it safe to stop the resource given its the only / remaining stonith
resource in the cluster ? There is obviously nothing to stonith anymore
anyway but i don't like the idea of a monitor failing for another 4 days.
If its safest to just let the monitor fail essentially for ever then thats
fine too, rather not touch anything until the cluster is decommissioned.

Relevant config options:
no-quorum-policy="ignore"
stonith-enabled="true"

Hope what I am asking is clear ...