[Pacemaker] Does ocf:heartbeat:IPaddr2 support binding the virtual IP on a bond interface?

Jake Smith jsmith at argotec.com
Wed Aug 28 13:34:54 EDT 2013

From: Xiaomin Zhang [mailto:zhangxiaomin at gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, August 28, 2013 1:18 PM
To: The Pacemaker cluster resource manager
Subject: [Pacemaker] Does ocf:heartbeat:IPaddr2 support binding the
virtual IP on a bond interface?

Hi, Gurus:

Below is the IPaddr2 configuration for my environment:
primitive ip1 ocf:heartbeat:IPaddr2 \
        params ip="192.168.241.1" cidr_netmask="32" \
        op monitor interval="15s" \
        meta target-role="Started"

Actually I don't know how to specify the bond interface to assign this
virtual IP.

In the params section - nic="bond0" - or whatever interface you want.

HTH

Jake

It seems pacemake just configures the Virtual IP on the bond interface.

However, the remote machines cannot access this virtual IP successfully.
Is there anything missing for the configuration? Or this is a bug of
hearbeat?

Thanks.