[Pacemaker] staggered resource startup

Lars Marowsky-Bree lmb at suse.com
Wed Aug 28 04:35:13 EDT 2013

On 2013-08-28T08:18:48, Andrew Beekhof <andrew at beekhof.net> wrote:

> > 4. once pacemaker has brought the node online, all vm resource are
> > started one at a time (for X...; crm resource start $X; sleep 45s; done)
>
> Are you aware of this cluster option?
>
>        batch-limit = integer [30]
>            The number of jobs that the TE is allowed to execute in parallel
>
>            The "correct" value will depend on the speed and load of your network and cluster nodes.
>
> As long as the VMs are truly started before the resource agent reports "done", then lowering this value should spread the load out more.

Wouldn't this requirement be best served by the concurrency limit in the
LRM?

Though I admit that it'd be even better if there was something similar
to migration-limit but for start/stop operations of a specific resource
type. And I will also admit that the implementation of this is bound to
suck and thus probably not worth it ;)

Regards,
    Lars

--