[Pacemaker] How to avoid or automatically resolve Split-Brain issue of DRBD

Xiaomin Zhang zhangxiaomin at gmail.com
Wed Aug 28 13:13:45 EDT 2013

Hi, Gurus:
I've a simple master-slave setup for a mirrored DRBD storage: This storage
is written by a daemon Java application server to produce transaction data.
node Lhs072gkz \
        attributes standby="on"
node Lpplj9jb4
node Lvoim0kaw
primitive drbd1 ocf:linbit:drbd \
        params drbd_resource="r0" \
        op monitor interval="15s"
ms ms_drbd1 drbd1 \
        meta master-max="1" master-node-max="1" clone-max="2"
clone-node-max="1" notify="true" target-role="Started"
location drbd-fence-by-handler-ms_drbd1 ms_drbd1 \
        rule $id="drbd-fence-by-handler-rule-ms_drbd1" $role="Master" -inf:
#uname ne
Lpplj9jb4

It seems Split-Brains is very likely to happen when I reboot the slave
machine even the Java application is just writing nothing on the DRBD
storage.
Is this an expected behavior?

And I found some topics about automatically recover from Split-Brain for
DRBD () It just says to put some configurations in DRBD, all things should
work. Is this a good practice?
Thanks.