[Pacemaker] Pacemaker 1.1.7 and negative corosync nodeid

Nate Clark nate at neworld.us
Fri Aug 23 15:26:56 EDT 2013

I have a few systems running pacemaker 1.1.7 using corosync and some of
them hit the issue that the nodeid in the cib is recorded as a negative
number. This issue was resolved in commit
f0e9b262f1d3219df248a5340771f8e23c5d6bce. However if you upgrade pacemaker
to 1.1.8, the new pacemaker now sees two nodes for every node that hit this
issue. It sees one with the negative nodeid and one with the positive.

Is there a way to prevent this from happening when upgrading from 1.1.7?
One way I can think of doing this would be to edit the cib while pacemaker
is down so that when it comes up the values are now positive but I am not
sure of a way to do that because of the cib signing.

Thanks,
-nate