[Pacemaker] Pacemaker 1.1.8 is out now

Andrew Beekhof andrew at beekhof.net
Thu Sep 20 17:09:15 EDT 2012

On Thu, Sep 20, 2012 at 9:36 PM, Dennis Jacobfeuerborn
<dennisml at conversis.de> wrote:
> On 09/20/2012 12:25 PM, Andrew Beekhof wrote:
>> This has been coming for a while now, the final hold-up was some stonith interactions in the presence of multiple clients that while strictly correct, wasn't really good enough.
>>
>> A big thankyou to all those that tested the pre-release versions and helped to work out the kinks.
>>
>> Fedora and EPEL packages will follow, as will a proper write-up.
>> For now, check out the Changelog:
>>    https://github.com/ClusterLabs/pacemaker/blob/master/ChangeLog
>
> With the shell no longer being part of Pacemaker and the standalone shell
> not really supporting 1.1.8 at the moment

I know there is the nodeid thing that affects corosync 2.0 clusters,
but that shouldn't affect existing cman and plugin based clusters.
Was there something else?

> what is the new official way to
> configure pacemaker?

There is no OneTruePath.  Just whatever your preference is.
There are a number of GUIs to choose from and two shells.

pcs is the most recent alternative, I'll be pushing up a pcs edition
of Clusters from Scratch later today.
I believe Chris will be doing a release in the next week, but for the
impatient, the source lives at https://github.com/feist/pcs

To get the most out of pcs, you need to be running corosync 2.0 (since
it can configure/manage the corosync configuration too).