[Pacemaker] how to use dlm and clvm with pacemaker ?

denis bonnenfant denis.bonnenfant at diderot.org
Mon Sep 17 17:56:14 EDT 2012

Le 15/09/2012 22:34, denis bonnenfant a écrit :
> Le 15/09/2012 18:23, denis bonnenfant a écrit :
>> Hello,
>> do I need to start pacemaker from corosync config too ?
>>
>> http://theclusterguy.clusterlabs.org/post/907043024/introducing-the-pacemaker-master-control-process-for
>> seems to suggest that in my case, with dlm and clvm involved, option
>> 3 with cluster.conf is the best approach. But how pacemaker is
>> started in this case,  from init  after cman ?
>> Do I need up-to date version of cman, or is debian wheezy version
>> (3.0.12) ok ?
>> Do I need up-to date version of pacemaker, or is debian wheezy
>> version (1.1.7) ?, recompiled with --with-cman ?
I'm self-replying for reference :

Finally I switched to option 3, on the basis of
http://www.clusterlabs.org/doc/en-US/Pacemaker/1.1-plugin/html/Clusters_from_Scratch/ch08s02s03.html
I had to recompile pacemaker with --with-cman ( see
http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=639548 ), and fix
dependancies in debian package, and then install pacemaker package and
all its freshly compiled libs. Initscript has to be modified too, to
add   cman dependancy.

Now clvm is started by init, and everything seems to work.

Denis