[Pacemaker] monitor interval too short

James Harper james.harper at bendigoit.com.au
Sat Sep 29 10:10:26 EDT 2012

I have a xen resource with op's configured like:

        op stop interval="0" timeout="300s" \
        op migrate_from interval="0" timeout="300s" \
        op migrate_to interval="0" timeout="300s" \
        op monitor interval="10s" timeout="90s" \

but it seems like every time I make any change to the crm configuration, I get a heap of timeouts, even though I can't see anything anywhere that is introducing delays into the system (all the xm commands I test while this is happening return more-or-less immediately, and certainly within a second or so)

So I put some logging into the Xen resource agent, and while it is mostly ticking along being called every 10 seconds like it should, suddenly it starts getting called every second. Is there an explanation for why it does this? Calling xm for every vm every 10 seconds is fine, but calling it every 1 second for every vm is going to introduce delays. It's never going to get to 90 seconds, but maybe the timeout is getting reduced by the same amount?

Pacemaker is Debian packaged 1.1.7-1.

Thanks

James