[Pacemaker] migration only between nodes with identical hardware

James Harper james.harper at bendigoit.com.au
Fri Sep 28 10:24:44 EDT 2012

I have two nodes running identical hardware which run Xen VM's, and want to add a third node to the cluster which can access the same clvm and iscsi resources, but it will not be identical hardware. The non-identical hardware means that to move a VM to this third node it it must be stopped then started, a migration will not work.

This situation may not really come up as in most cases I'll use location resources to restrict VM's to only the first two nodes (third node will mostly be for a different purpose), but just in case I want to do that for one or two VMs, is it possible to come up with some sort of rule like:

A->B = migration allowed
B->A = migration allowed
A->C = no migration allowed
B->C = no migration allowed