[Pacemaker] Clustered LVM in failover cluster

David Morton davidmorton78 at gmail.com
Sun Sep 9 19:06:15 EDT 2012

Not directly Pacemaker related but a simple question for those who manage
clusters ...

I'm recreating our failover cluster on a new SAN which will use cLVM and
XFS, I am after some clarification that the "--clustered y" directive is
the correct and appropriate way to create the volume groups as the LVM
layout will be visible to both cluster nodes at all times regardless of the
filesystem mount state ?

I'll then create LVM resources in Pacemaker to control the activation of
the volume groups prior to filesystem mounting.

Many thanks, Dave