[Pacemaker] using op_defaults to change default operation failure action?

Nenad Opsenica nenad at vtkom.com
Sun Sep 9 14:55:37 EDT 2012

Hi everybody,

Is it possible to use "op_defaults" to specify default failure action
for specific operation?

I'm particulary interested in specifying action if "stop" fails, it
should not get node fenced but further actions blocked. I was googling
for hours, and didn't manage to find any 100% useful & working example
how to specify this using crm shell.

crm shell seems to accept "op_defaults $id="op_defaults-options"
on-fail="block", but then I have one question more - what operation(s)
this refers to? All? Only "stop" ? Can someone explain this?

I'm using Scientific Linux 6 with pacemaker-1.1.7-6.el6.x86_64 which,
somehow, refuses to recognize "rsc_template" from the crm shell which
was my second idea to change opeartions failure default action.

Best regards,

     Nenad Opsenica