[Pacemaker] pacemaker service start failed.

Andrew Beekhof andrew at beekhof.net
Wed Nov 21 19:51:24 EST 2012

On Tue, Nov 13, 2012 at 9:56 AM, Vladislav Bogdanov
<bubble at hoster-ok.com> wrote:
> 13.11.2012 01:39, Andrew Beekhof пишет:
>> On Tue, Nov 13, 2012 at 9:36 AM, Vladislav Bogdanov
>> <bubble at hoster-ok.com> wrote:

>>> I mean that if corosync.conf doesn't have names in ring0_addr and name,
>>> then it is not possible to get remote nodes names before they announce
>>> themselves to cluster. In this case you only know ip address and
>>> corosync id. Not name.
>>
>> Which is how it has always been when using corosync.
>>
> Yes. But I thought you need node names before they join.

Having them ahead of time would be ideal in certain circumstances.
But not having them now is no worse than its been for almost a decade.

Thats why I wrote "Anyone worried about that bootstrapping case will
be encouraged to use a corosync nodelist."
Using a nodelist gives pacemaker access to the node names before the
other nodes join.