[Pacemaker] Upgrading a master salve resource agent, Maintenance best practices

Andrew Beekhof andrew at beekhof.net
Wed Nov 21 16:29:59 EST 2012

On Tue, Nov 20, 2012 at 10:57 AM, Jesse Hathaway
<jesse.hathaway at getbraintree.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 19, 2012 at 1:42 PM, David Vossel <dvossel at redhat.com> wrote:
>>
>> What version of pacemaker are you using?
>

> We are using 1.1.5-01e86afaaa6d4a8c4836f68df80ababd6ca3902f
>
> If parameters are marked as re-loadable and the resource agent supports a
> reload action that the resource will only be reloaded:
> http://www.clusterlabs.org/doc/en-US/Pacemaker/1.0/html/Pacemaker_Explained/s-reload.html
>
> Unfortunately the resource agent we are using, pgsql, does not have a reload
> action.

If you cant do reloads, you could do maintenance-mode=true, make your
changes, then crm_resource --reprobe -r your_pgsql_resource, followed
by maintenance-mode=false.
That would erase our memory of the previous parameters and allow us to
use the new ones without a restart.