[Pacemaker] killproc not found? o2cb shutdown via resource agent

Tim Serong tserong at suse.com
Thu Nov 8 04:23:53 EST 2012

On 11/08/2012 07:56 PM, Andrew Beekhof wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 8, 2012 at 5:16 PM, Tim Serong <tserong at suse.com> wrote:

>>> I think thats as good a solution as any.
>>> I wonder where other distros are getting it from.
>>
>> SLES 11 SP2:
>>
>> # rpm -qf /sbin/killproc
>> sysvinit-2.86-210.1
>>
>> openSUSE 12.2:
>>
>> # rpm -qf /sbin/killproc
>> sysvinit-tools-2.88+-77.3.1.x86_64
>>
>> Can't speak for any others offhand...
>
> Definitely not on fedora or its derivatives

Hrm.  Well, I just had a quick skim of the ocfs2-tools source, and I'd
be willing to bet the o2cb RA was based on the upstream o2cb init
script, which uses killproc, but also sources /lib/lsb/init-functions.
Does Fedora have killproc buried somewhere in there maybe?

On SUSE, /lib/lsb/init-functions defines start_daemon(), killproc(), and
pidofproc() but these just wrap binaries of the same name in /sbin
(which would explain why o2cb works fine on SUSE, as those "missing"
things are presumably in $PATH anyway).

I don't know about sourcing /lib/lsb/init-functions in .ocf-shellfuncs -
might be a bit broad?  Presumably couldn't hurt to source it in the o2cb
RA though, unless there's some other cleaner solution...

Regards,

Tim
--
Tim Serong