[Pacemaker] Build dlm_controld for pacemaker stack(dlm_controld.pcmk)

Matthew O'Connor matt at ecsorl.com
Fri Nov 2 23:43:39 EDT 2012

On 10/29/2012 08:14 PM, Andrew Beekhof wrote:
> Option 3 is where things are headed, however the only distro that ships it today is Fedora-17 (and shortly 18).
> In this scenario, all components obtain membership and quorum directly from corosync.
> So far OCFS2 is the only component that hasn't been updated to support this.
> This option requires corosync 2.x  + pacemaker 1.1.7 or later

This is an interesting thread to me because I am about to upgrade from
Ubuntu 11.10 to 12.04.  Consequently, it seems I'll have to update
OCFS2's cluster stack from PCMK to CMAN.  I can't seem to figure a way
past it.  (Why wasn't CMAN compiled into v1.1.5 for U-11.10?
Nevermind...it's unimportant now.)

I'd love to go to Option 3, but if OCFS2 isn't there...well...any idea
when it will be?  Probably an OCFS2-maintainer question - if so, I
apologize for asking it here.

Considering that the Pacemaker package is built and ready, but is stuck
back on v1.1.6, would v1.1.8 be worth building from source and deploying?

-- Matthew