[Pacemaker] MySQL/PostgreSQL HA cluster with Pacemaker

Andrew nitr0 at seti.kr.ua
Fri Nov 2 04:03:25 EDT 2012

On 02/11/12 01:02, Andrew Beekhof wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 2, 2012 at 2:34 AM, Andrew<nitr0 at seti.kr.ua>  wrote:
>>> We run monitor on both nodes.
>>> This is the chance for the resource agent script to tell us their
>>> preference for being promoted to master.
>>> We then factor that into our decision.
>> Can you explain? Pacemaker doesn't start master resource automatically if
>> slave is booted succesfully and master is still booting/crashed at boot?
> It does, but it first makes sure the failed node isn't running
> anything by fencing it.
So if old master is still booting (for ex., fs check in progress) and
hasn't running corosync - slave will become a master, and data that
wasn't replicated to slave will be lost?
This isn't too critical in most cases (except when one node is crashed
and after some time all nodes will be rebooted due to power failure),
but is there a possibility to avoid this behavior?