[Pacemaker] [corosync] Corosync 2.1.0 dies on both nodes in cluster

Andrew Martin amartin at xes-inc.com
Thu Nov 1 08:40:21 EDT 2012

Corosync died an additional 3 times during the night on storage1. I wrote a daemon to attempt and start it as soon as it fails, so only one of those times resulted in a STONITH of storage1.

I enabled debug in the corosync config, so I was able to capture a period when corosync died with debug output:
http://pastebin.com/eAmJSmsQ
In this example, Pacemaker finishes shutting down by Nov 01 05:53:02. For reference, here is my Pacemaker configuration:
http://pastebin.com/DFL3hNvz

It seems that an extra node, 16777343 "localhost" has been added to the cluster after storage1 was STONTIHed (must be the localhost interface on storage1). Is there anyway to prevent this?

Does this help to determine why corosync is dying, and what I can do to fix it?

Thanks,

Andrew