[Pacemaker] resources not migrating when some are not runnable on one node, maybe because of groups or master/slave clones?

Andreas Kurz andreas at hastexo.com
Mon Jun 18 10:46:55 EDT 2012

On 06/18/2012 04:14 PM, Vladislav Bogdanov wrote:
> 18.06.2012 16:39, Phil Frost wrote:
>> I'm attempting to configure an NFS cluster, and I've observed that under
>> some failure conditions, resources that depend on a failed resource
>> simply stop, and no migration to another node is attempted, even though
>> a manual migration demonstrates the other node can run all resources,
>> and the resources will remain on the good node even after the migration
>> constraint is removed.
>>
>> I was able to reduce the configuration to this:
>>
>> node storage01
>> node storage02
>> primitive drbd_nfsexports ocf:pacemaker:Stateful
>> primitive fs_test ocf:pacemaker:Dummy
>> primitive vg_nfsexports ocf:pacemaker:Dummy
>> group test fs_test
>> ms drbd_nfsexports_ms drbd_nfsexports \
>>         meta master-max="1" master-node-max="1" \
>>         clone-max="2" clone-node-max="1" \
>>         notify="true" target-role="Started"
>> location l fs_test -inf: storage02
>> colocation colo_drbd_master inf: ( test ) ( vg_nfsexports ) (
>> drbd_nfsexports_ms:Master )
>
> Sets (constraints with more then two members) are evaluated in the
> different order.

_Between_ several resource-sets, and in this example three sets are
created, the order of evaluation is like for simple colocation
constraints ... so the last/most right one is the most significant.

_Within_ one single default colocation resource-set the resources are
evaluated like in a group, so most significant resource is the
first/most left one.

Try (for a real drbd scenario, where also the order is important):

colocation colo_drbd_master inf: vg_nfsexports test
drbd_nfsexports_ms:Master

order order_drbd_promote_first inf: drbd_nfsexports_ms:promote
vg_nfsexports:start test:start

These examples will automatically create two sets each, because of the
different Roles/actions. I prefer having a look at the resulting xml
syntax to be sure the shell created what I planned ;-)

Regards,
Andreas

--
Need help with Pacemaker?